Sunday, May 30, 2010

Curse You UPS!!!

Gahhhhh!!!!!!

I was one of the unfortunates to have their Xbox 360 get the E74 error message a while ago. Actually, it was two months ago, and I sent in my Xbox to get fixed exactly one month ago. And on the Xbox 360 support page, it claims that it will only take them 2-3 weeks to have your Xbox fixed and sent back to you. Well.... I'M STILL WAITING!!!!!

Luckily, they have a nifty little thing on their support page that allows you to track your shipment, and I can see that my Xbox will arrive at my home on June 2nd. This is unfortunate because I have just been absolutely dying to play Mass Effect 2. I was a huge fan of the first game, and every single day I have to look at that shiny unwrapped game is a day of pain and frustration for me.

I will give some props to Microsoft for knowing when they messed up. The E74 error message is caused by a malfunction in the hardware of the Xbox. I'm not exactly sure all the technicalities behind it, but it seems like a lot of people are having this problem. Microsoft lets you print out your own specific shipping label and this allows you to ship your Xbox back to them free of charge. Despite the fact that my Xbox is currently out of warranty (/facepalm), Microsoft is repairing my Xbox for free. I'm expecting a shiny fixed Xbox 360 Elite on June 2nd. And I'm counting the minutes exactly to the time the UPS truck usually goes by my house....

-Boe-

No comments:

Post a Comment